FolderRunner runs the FIT tests in every file in an input folder and its sub-folders. The results are written to an output folder structure that parallels the input structure. A reportIndex.html is created with a summary of the results. Set-up and tear-down files are appended to the front and end of each test file. Files without FIT tests are copied as is. Files and directories can be excluded from processing. Results can be written to an XML file for use with continuous integration tools.
c:\apps\fitsharp\runner -r fit.Runner.FolderRunner -i input -o output -x excludes -s selected -c config -t tagList -dwhere:
- input is the name of the input folder where the test files reside,
- output is the name of the output folder where the results of the tests will be written,
- excludes is a list of regex patterns separated by ';' of the files and directories to be excluded,
- selected is the name of a file to be processed,
- config is the name of a Suite Configuration File.
- tagList is a comma-separated list of tag names used to select which files to run. Read more about Tagging Test Pages.
- d switch indicates a Folder Runner Dry Run.
c:\apps\fitsharp\runner -r fit.Runner.FolderRunner -i spec -o result -c myconfig.xml -x bin;temp.*\.html -t SampleTag1,SampleTag2
The features of Folder Runner are described in detail in the following sections: